Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Nobletts Creek/ Log Hollow

5.5 miles out and back (there is a small network of trails here, so could be more depending on the route you choose)

(8 miles SE of Francis on UT 35)

Activity Type: Hiking
Nearby City: Francis
Length: 7 total miles
Elevation Gain: Minimal
Trail Type: Loop
Skill Level: Moderate
Duration: One day
Season: June through October
Trailhead Elevation: 7,510 feet
Local Contacts: Heber Ranger District, Uinta National Forest
Local Maps: USGS Soapstone Basin quad, Northeastern Utah Multipurpose Map, Uinta National Forest Travel Plan Map


It was a very nice hike. I parked @ the Log Hollow Parking area and did the loop "backwards". I am glad I did. The hike up was very nice with great views. The highlight was the meadow at the top. Make sure you look for the side trail that will take you over to the unmarked scenic over look, well worth it. The flowers were beautiful and all you could hear was the buzzing of the bees. The marked scenic overlook was stunning as well. The hike down on the opposite side of the loop was not as well marked. I did get off trail once, but about 5 minutes into it it was apparent that I was off trail. The guide book says 6 hours, I did the loop in 3.5 and I am not that fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment