Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Wild West Park in West Jordan

We found a park similar to the Discovery Park in Pleasant Grove. You can find this park in West Jordan’s City Park–also known as Veteran’s Memorial Park–at 1985 W 7800 S, West Jordan. As we pulled into this city park, we circled around a large loop and passed 4 other playgrounds before reaching the Wild West Park. Each one we passed, my children would ask, “Is that it?” I wish I lived closer so we could try them all out.

The Wild West Park was so much fun! It has some Utah historical items such as a mural of the Bingham Canyon Mine, the trains meeting at Promontory Point, a stagecoach, and an old water tower. Other places are painted like the Old West with a bank and a jail. It has lots of places to climb, swing, crawl, and slide. You could spend a lot of time exploring here, and my kids had a great time playing hide and seek.

 This park is divided into two sections. One recommended for ages 1-5 and the other for ages 5-12. My children played in both (they are 3 and 6). The only difference was that the 1-5 age side is slightly smaller in area and in climbing things. I figure that is so the younger children won’t get lost or stuck up high on something, but my three-year-old did just fine in the large section, too.

The one down side to this park was limited shade. This made it a little challenging with my three month old, but we made it work. The older boys didn’t complain once about being hot. The playground nearby had lots of shade and there is a large covered pavilion close by with bathrooms. Next time I go, I’m planning on taking a picnic.

 It is actually made of trex instead of wood which is nice--no slivers!

Some people worry about how there are two exits/entrances to this park. There is a front and back entrance, but I make it clear to my kids that we are all staying inside the fenced area until mom says otherwise because I don’t want them to try and run to the other playground by the bathrooms. This park is large and there are lots of places to hide and climb, so you will lose sight of your children sometimes. Wild West Park does have video surveillance if that helps you feel a little better. This is an amazing park and my boys love going!


No comments:

Post a Comment